Podcast is now available for this blog post. Listen here.
I’ve learned that the harder it seems to move forward, is when I know that I must, despite of the circumstance. It can seem harder to move forward when you realize you have to face something that you don’t want to. That could be facing a present reality, facing the truth, facing it on your own, or even something that much impacting, facing a hurt for a greater gain of forgiveness. Such is life, sometimes you need to deal with things that you just don’t want to and instead of moving forward with that, you can become complacent and choose to settle, because well, it’s simpler that way.
However, life isn’t meant to be for you to just settle. You can find yourself settling a lot until you realize what it is that you are supposed to have and then begin to walk in your divine prosperity. Sometimes you can find yourself cast down in a situation because you chose not to look at the situation differently but focus solely on what you see in front of you. There is always another way. There is always another answer. Sometimes the better answer can simply be finding a different solution and it may not necessarily be the one you want but it’s the right one for the time. It could also be moving forward by not doing anything at all. Sometimes you can find yourself doing too much. Moving forward is not always going ahead and finishing something; sometimes it moving forward by not doing things the ways you have been used to and finally taking a moment for yourself to breathe, to collect yourself, and evaluate the situation differently.
Moving forward is going ahead with realizing that there is more than one way to produce an outcome. As the saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. So don’t get stuck where you are because you feel that it’s the only way, no there is another way. Redefine the way you think by having the patience to know that the answer you are looking for may not be what you think it should be, it could very well be something completely different. It could be something you never thought of before but you can only get to that epiphany of a thought as you are in the waiting process, unblocked from the same mindset of contradiction.
Yes, we will all experience at some point in our life the feeling like our feet is buried in cement, as if you are stuck and there is no other opportunity to give you what is needed. Although this can happen, it’s not the end. Some of the things that can cause us to seem trapped or delayed in accomplishing our goals and fulfilling our desires come from making really basic choices. Here are some ways that may be holding you back from taking that forward step or are ways that have you moving forward to much, too soon.
- Fear, the thing that can cause you not to take that step into a new thing or cause you to continue to remain still in the same trauma. I believe that fear is also a perception that fuels deceit based from your emotion. You have a choice on whether or not fear will overtake you. You get to make the decision on whether you will remain cowardly or become courageous. “For God did not give us a spirit of fear….” 2 Timothy 1:7 and by this we should know that anything that God did not give us means that it is against us. Giving in to your own fear is you fighting against your own-self. “What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?” James 4:1 Some of us are at war within ourselves; we try to shake off the deafening feeling of defeat and hurt by targeting others with harsh words and unkindness. We fight others with the same malice of discontent that is on the inside. Having such deceit of fear take control of you can cause relationships ruined and missed blessings. Take control of what is trying to take control over you. Do this by using what spirits God did give us, which is not fear, but Power, Love, and a Sound Mind. Pray this word over your life and accept that God reigns his chosen spirits in your life.
- Yes, well, we all can procrastinate. You may not think that you are or that you ever have but just as sure as you keep on breathing procrastination is very common, especially when there is something big that you are working on, especially when you have a dream that seems a million miles away to touch, procrastination kicks in and there you are, years later, saying, “you know, I bet I could have been finished with that if I had started it when I said I was.” Who has ever said that? Definitely Me Procrastination is one of the easiest traps to fall into not making a sound choice simply because procrastination usually means you are wavering over something. It means that you are hesitant. This is not always a bad thing. If you are not sure about something or feel that it is too hasty of a decision, do yourself a long term favor and wait. Be patient, pray, pray, and pray some more. There is something that is in the delay that God wants you to see and often times we become too hasty because we want it so bad to only end up crying and pleading for God to deliver us. So, although procrastination is not generally viewed as a likely behavior to have, it’s a behavior or an alert as I say that gives you an opportunity to wait and make the best sound choice. You shouldn’t move forward in something that is really not meant for you.
- Negative way of thinking
- A negative way of thinking can come from many things but I can tell you that it almost always can involve a bad attitude. Once you embed in your heart that “it is”, then guess what it is. It is horrible. It is a disappointment. It is untrustworthy. It is unreliable. It is just the way it is. Then guess what, it is just the way it is. I believe that your mental way of thinking is in connection to the outcome in life. I know from my own personal experiences that I have walked into situations and needing help from others when I know the answer would have been no but my attitude said yes. The difference I was willing to make in my way of thinking was believing that I am going to have what I know is mines to have and that gave a positive vibe and opened favor. Hebrews 4:12 states that “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” I don’t judge, your co-workers don’t judge, the cashier at the grocery store don’t judge but the Holy Ghost does judge and when you become a pitfall of self torment, despising to think any different than the way you are and have always been, your life doesn’t move forward, it revolves in the same slump of disdain that you allow it to. You become like the Israelites wandering around in the same wilderness for 40 years because of your negative mouth and negative way of thinking.
- Don’t do it. Yes, I know it can be tempting, especially because of all the social media posts and feel good messages but guess what, you don’t know what a persons actual life is behind closed doors and the prettier the picture the more uglier the reality. Galatians 6:3 states “If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.” I mentioned earlier that fear is one of the ways that can prevent you from moving on and within that fear is deceit. Don’t become to a point of comparison because you feel what God blessed you with isn’t enough. Yes, you can have more and if you are faithful over the little you have God will increase you to bigger and better. It is not that you can’t have, but it’s what’s in your heart that is seen. Do you want because you are coveting and see someone else with it? Do you want because it has been a life long desire? Do you want because you want to bless someone else? Whatever your reason is, it is being judged by the creator who sees your heart and knows your every desire. 2 Corinthians 10:12 states that “Not that we dare classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another they are without understanding.” Do you understand the revelation for not comparing yourself with others? Short answer, God can bless you too with whatever it is that you desire if it’s within his will for you to have it. The word says you have not because you ask not and that “he will supply all your needs through his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ” Philippians 4:19 What I picked up from that scripture is need, because some of the things that we want or even have is not because of a need, it’s because we were convinced we needed it because we saw or heard someone else with it or even deeper, we know that someone else wanted it so we beat them to it and got it first. If you are serious about moving forward, don’t compare yourself in the same boat as the other person. If you put yourself in the same boat as the other person then you will miss out on the yacht that God has waiting for you.
- Negative influences
- Get far away from people that are always negative. People that don’t fear their own words and laugh in the persecution of others are not people that you want to associate with. If they are so keen on hearing their own mouth speak and putting others down, then you also become a negative influence, guilty by association. 1 Corinthians 15:33 states “Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals.” Great people don’t keep bad company. Bad company can influence even the most single mindedness of a persons character and your character can be slaughtered just like that because of who you choose to be connected to. Moving forward in your life, especially to better and have greater things can only involve people that want to be great too. You can help those that are negative influencers by being an example of how they should be but you can never do that if you are under their feet doing as they do and how they do it. Are they going to teach you or are you going to show them? You know, there are many people that debate Jesus’ character when it came to the people he was around. Yes, Jesus was around sinners but he never stayed in that same place as the sinner, he made his example and he moved on.
Move forward. Regardless if it’s putting in your mind to take the next step, which may seem like the hardest thing you have to do to not making any decision at all and just allowing yourself time to heal, to laugh, to enjoy. One thing is for sure, you’re not meant to stay in the same place you are in. You have been called to go higher and deeper. You have been called to do and go forward to the next chapter in your life.
Until next time my friends, be blessed.
2 thoughts on “Move Forward”